I absolutely cannot even begin to express how stoked I am for these nominations!!! I also can’t lie that I have been secretly hoping for a nomination sometime…just cause I love the little reminders of our truly wonderful community. So, my lovely ladies, Lindsay at http://awaitingautumn.wordpress.com/ and Cassie at http://infertilegirlinafertileworld.wordpress.com/, you both are real dolls and quite phenomenal women!! Thank you both a metric ton!! 😉
Now on to accepting The Liebster Award and moving to the “little more about me” part.
- Are you a morning person or a night person? And why?
I am most definitely an early riser! I always feel like I am in the best mood, have the most energy, and are the most optimistic as the sun rises. Then I certainly turn into a big ol’ grouch towards the evening. Like a child, at around bedtime, I want to be tucked in and left to recharge.
- Name 1 destination or activity that is on your bucket list.
The Air Force has given us so many opportunities to see and do new things. But, I still have at least one destination in mind: EUROPE!! I initially wanted to back-pack across Europe’s entirety, but I got old and really don’t want to not have access to a warm bed at the end of the day (see question above).
As a bonus, one activity I really, REALLY want to accomplish is to run a marathon. The Hubs and I signed up for one last October, but life happened, and now since we have started real serious TTC treatments I just haven’t gotten back on the running bandwagon. But don’t worry your pretty heads, it will absolutely happen!
- What is your all-time favorite smell?
I would have to say that I love the smell of my puppy’s feet…and the smell of springtime rains.
- What book(s) are you reading right now?
The current active library includes:
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews
City of Dark Magic by Magnus Flyte
- What’s 1 thing you miss about being a kid?
My eternal fountain of energy! I could run around, eat everything, and then run around some more. Now I seem to struggle to get through a day at the clinic.
- What physical trait do you like the best about your body? We are all beautiful. Don’t be shy now.
I really, actually like my derrière. I didn’t always though. I have been blessed with a very bubbly hind-end which unfortunately caught the attention of lots of puberty stricken boys. Made growing up a tad stressful. But as I gained confidence, I slowly began to see it at an asset (that’s a funny choice of words, huh?). Oh and the Hubs quite likes it the best too 😉
- Who is your ultimate celebrity crush?
Channing Tatum. Hands. Down. That man is one tall drink of sexy.
- If you could only have 1 of the 5 senses (see, hear, taste, smell, touch), which one would you pick and why?
This is a hard one. I would have to say touch. My hands are really one of my most important tools in the clinic. I touch and feel and palpate everything. That being said, my sight is a pretty close second.
- Favorite scripture verse, life motto, or quote?
Alis volat propriis (she flies with her own wings)~ State of Oregon motto
You know you are in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.~ Dr. Seuss
Live in the sunshine. Swim the sea. Drink the wild air. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Have you always lived in the place you are currently living, if not, what took you to where you are now?
Nope! We are currently in NM all because of the relentless calling of the U.S. Air Force. In fact we have been to 7 states all due to that call 🙂
- What’s the best meal you’ve ever eaten?
Thai green curry straight from a street market in Thailand. I never had the passion I do for exotic cuisine until my brief stay in that really gorgeous country. Thailand should definitely be a bucket list destination for ya’ll!
- What ability or skill do you wish you had (I’m not talking super powers here…)?
I wish I was more artistic and crafty. I really cultivated the scientific, logical portion of my brain, but definitely neglected that gorgeous, bright aspect of myself. I have tried to get some color back by starting new crafts and skills and adding really amazing scarves to the ol’ wardrobe!
- What was your favorite subject in school?
I LOVED biology in high school, loved my biology major in undergraduate, and absolutely adored my veterinary education at Iowa State University. But my very favorite and biggest passion is surgery…speaking of which, I have a femoral fracture repair tomorrow =)
- What is your favorite movie of all time (or two, I’ll allow that because mine is a tie)?
I really loved the Lord of the Rings series. It really was quite progressive in graphics and is a wonderful story. And it came out during our early dating days. During all that young love 😉
- In everyday life, what is your biggest pet peeve?
I absolutely hate inconsiderate people who just leave shopping carts all over the entire parking lot. In NM, we have really strong winds, which cause these carts to run into my car and dent it. Seriously. Just walk 10 feet and put them in the appropriate place. For Pete’s sake.
- What is the #1 most played song on your iPod?
I am such an old lady sometimes…I am almost embarrassed to admit it, but I love both the Steve Miller Band and Fleetwood Mac. Although I tend to go for either, right now I tend to gravitate towards Jungle Love by the Steve Miller Band.
- If you could be any fictional character, who would you be?
I like strong female characters and I love dragons (how neat would life be with dragons and magic!?!?), so I would say I would probably like to experience Daenerys Targaryen from Game of Thrones. Just that entire storyline would be one trip to live.
- What is your favorite book?
I love the classics like Jane Erye by Charlotte Brontë, Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery , and Christy by Catherine Marshall. That being said, I also can’t deny that one of my easy go-to books is Fifty Shades of Gray. 😉
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
This question makes me smile. I always wanted to be a veterinarian. From the time I was knee high to a grasshopper while on my uncle’s ranch with his cattle and throughout all of undergrad. I am so blessed to have achieved that dream.
Now here comes the fun part!
Elisha at http://waitingforbabybird.com/
Alexis at http://mysilverlininghome.wordpress.com/
If you choose to participate (and why wouldn’t you? It’s awesome!!! No pressure though=) ), here are the rules to “accept” it.
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
- Answer the questions that I give you below
- Did you “play pretend” as a child and what was your favorite character?
- What was/is your favorite job and/or position?
- What is your favorite form of exercise (if you can find the time/motivation to do so)?
- What is your favorite book?
- Do you have a favorite season and/or holiday?
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- Do you live close to your hometown and, if not, do you visit often?
- How many siblings do you have?
- What super hero powers would you like to have?
4. Nominate as many blogs that you feel deserve the award.
5. Create a new list of questions for the bloggers you have nominated to answer.
6. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here)
Once you have accepted your MAJOR award by writing and publishing your “acceptance” speech, you then should inform the people/blogs that you have nominated them for the Liebster Award. Also, you might want to provide a link for them back to this post or your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)